1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need For Speed Rivals

Discussion in 'Games' started by Weetabix, Nov 22, 2013.

Need For Speed Rivals

Discussion in 'Games' started by Weetabix, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Weetabix

Weetabix Staff Member Tagged Donator

I've only played a few minutes of this, but my initial impressions are good. It's built on Frostbite 3, so the visuals are fab, although there's a few jaggies here and there, and the framerate is locked at 30 for some reason.

NFS14 2013-11-22 10-52-27-77.jpg NFS14 2013-11-22 10-53-35-56.jpg NFS14 2013-11-22 10-54-35-76.jpg NFS14 2013-11-22 10-55-31-23.jpg NFS14 2013-11-22 10-57-42-37.jpg NFS14 2013-11-22 10-58-26-77.jpg NFS14 2013-11-22 10-58-34-74.jpg

I'm looking forward to trying out the Copper career as you can put your blue flashy lights on, which is more fun than I'm willing to admit. I've never really grown up tbh. But what I'm REALLY looking forward to is playing with some mates. It's very geared (pun) towards playing with friends, and one thing that looks awesome is Ovewrwatch.

IMG_0007.jpg

This overwatch thingy gives you the ability to troll your mate's games. Finally! Can't wait to put some spikes just before the finish line :)

The eagle-eyed amongst you may have noticed that last screenies' on an iPad, which is another nice feature that will be familiar to BF4 peeps.

IMG_0008.jpg IMG_0006.jpg IMG_0005.jpg IMG_0004.jpg

Oh, and the soundtrack is mint.
  2. Ralthen

Ralthen Tagged

3. Weetabix

Wow, I'm impressed with shadwoplay. Anyway, here's some scenery and stuff. It's pretty

4. bake73

bake73 Tagged

What views does it have? if its just chase and bumper im out :(
  5. Ralthen

Ralthen Tagged

from other videos ive seen you have the full complement of views inside dashboard front bumper front of windscreen of car and 2 levels of chase

i generally prefer to drive from inside or from just outside the windscreen
  6. bake73

bake73 Tagged

From what i've just read its bumper and chase :poop:

I wish forza was on the pc.
  7. Ralthen

Ralthen Tagged

yea your right just played only chase and bumper which suck have to swap between them :( when in pursuit
  8. Ralthen

Ralthen Tagged

Anyone else getting this is actually fun when chasing or trying to lose other players played with weets for a couple of hours tonight he raced i chased him down :)
  9. Weetabix

Poppycock. I was taking the family out for a pleasure drive in the countryside and was victimised by the state.
  10. Weetabix

Easily fixed through the command line; right click the game in Origin, click Game Properties, and add

-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60.0

to the Command Line Arguments field, then hit Apply. Just make sure you adjust your settings so you can actually push 60fps.
  11. GoRedwings

GoRedwings Tagged Donator

I am tempted to get this but am not sure given I tend to get most of the NFS series
  12. Rumi

Rumi Eligible

I have shadowplay permanently turned on now recording the last 10mins and have noticed no visible difference to gameplay or FPS, clever bit of kit. not sure it's recording in true 1080p mind as the video quality doesn't match on screen but it's a good easy way of capturing gameplay. Fills the hard disk up quickly mind as i'm forever hitting Alt F10 when i think i've done something cool but on watching back most get deleted lol
  13. Weetabix

Left on 'High', the quality is quite good. The crappyness comes from Youtube. I'll have to sort out a decent profile for handbrake.
  14. Rumi

Rumi Eligible

No doubt.

got loads of footage and going to see if i can do something funky with it. Seem to be living out my fasntasy life in AC4 at the mo lol
  15. Ralthen

Ralthen Tagged

weets how olow you put your settings to get a constant of 60fps ?
  16. Weetabix

I don't. I can whack everything right up and get 60fps 99% of the time. Then, for no reason whatsoever, the framerate drops to about 40.
  17. Ralthen

Ralthen Tagged

hmm yea i get rock solid 60 but hit turbo or nitrous and insta lag also notice i get a slow down when drifting will try it with motion blur off